What you need to know for Virtual fairs
Tips for making your college fair experience productive and fun:
1) Representatives from each college will be waiting to meet you! Make sure you are ready to put your best foot forward and interact with reps when visiting college booths! Not sure what to say? Here are some suggestions:
- What do students like/dislike most about your school?
- What kinds of students are happiest at your school?
- What is the average amount of student loan debt for graduates?
- If I am awarded a grant or scholarship, can I expect it to remain constant all four years (assuming my financial circumstances don’t change)?
2) Make sure to reference your College Matchmaking™ email to connect with the schools that best align with your interests!
At the time of registration, you selected the attributes that were most important to you in a college. You then should have received an email that best matched specific colleges and universities to your criteria. Reference this email on the day of the fair to connect with your best fits!
3) Don't sweat the small stuff!
Everyone is at a different stage in their college search process. Keep an open mind and enjoy yourself. These events are all about helping you connect and learn about lots of colleges to make sure you land at your dream school by having a quick video chat with a rep, dropping in on some virtual presentations and/or sending a question through chat.
Be sure to check each fair's homepage for the fair schedule.